Thursday, May 17, 2012

Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag




I saw this tag making its way across the blogosphere, and thought I would take a stab at it, as I actually found the questions and the other posts/videos I have watched on this quite interesting.



Here are the questions:

Greed: What is your most inexpensive beauty product? What is your most expensive beauty product?

  My choices for most inexpensive products are Wet N Wild Color Icon Single in Crème Brulee, tied with Jordana Fabuliner in Brown. I am not sure if these are the cheapest products I have ever bought, but I am pretty sure they are both under two dollars, and I use them ALL THE TIME. The eyeshadow is supposedly a dead-on dupe for Mac Brulee, but from what I can tell it is more pigmented. I use this all the time as a highlight shade and to blend out my shadows. Fabuliner is my HG drugstore eyeliner: super cheap, never seems to dry out (I’ve had mine for a year at least), and extremely opaque. As for the opposite end of the spectrum, I might have palettes that are more expensive than this, but I interpreted this to be the most expensive for what it is (if that makes any sense.) This has to be my By Terry Baume de Rose. What this is a $59 lip balm. And no, it is not worth it.  I plead temporary insanity for purchasing this. Moving on, as it is a bit of a sore subject for me.

Wrath: What beauty product do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?

 My love/hate is matte eyeshadows. I love the idea of them, and love to use one as a crease color almost every time I apply eyeshadow, especially as I usually like to wear a shimmery shadow on the lid, and like to use a subdued matte shade to balance the look out. I think they are incredibly versatile, but it is so hard to find ones with great color payoff that blend easily. I find even my high end matte shadows (Nars, I am looking at you) difficult to blend. Let me know if you have any reccs! As for the hardest to find products for me, my answer has to be some of the Wet N Wild limited edition releases. I don’t know why they don’t make them easier to find, since there is always a lot of buzz surrounding the new releases, but yet they are so hard to locate in my area! In my particular, the trio from last summer, The Gilded Age, was impossible to find, but my sister spotted it in her area and sent it my way. Currently, I am having a really hard time tracking down the Loreal Infalliable Summer 2012 shades!

Gluttony: What are your most delicious beauty products?

Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum and Bonne Bell LipLite in Strawberry Parfait are my most delicious products. Not really much to say on this…they both just taste really great. 

Sloth: What beauty product do you neglect due to laziness?

 Highlighter is the step I will skip due to laziness. If I am running late on time, I will definitely skip highlighter, especially an inner corner highlight. I don’t know why, but I often forget this step. I love the effect, just don’t think it is absolutely necessary.

Pride: What beauty product gives you the most self-confidence?

My choice for  what gives me the most confidence is concealer. This was the easiest question for me. If you had asked me this a year ago, I am not sure what I would have said, but since I have been battling acne and scarring since last fall, this is an obvious choice for me. If I can only leave the house with one product, this is it. I feel my confidence buoyed immensely when I cover up my blemishes and scarring.

Lust: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?

Ummmm, this question is a stretch…next.

Envy: What product would you most like to receive as a gift?

I think I would say nail polish as the item I would most like to receive as a gift. I think this is the easiest beauty gift to buy someone, as you don’t really have to take into account skin tone or any other factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment