Thursday, July 5, 2012

June 2012 Favorites

Sorry this post is a little late; the last few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind, but I've noticed that I've really switched up my makeup for summer, and I wanted to share some of the products I have incorporated into my  routine to do so.



NYC Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny: This is the real standout product for me. I am not usually a big bronzer fan, as usually I embrace the pale, but I do rely on bronzer in summer when I find I can get away with it a tad bit more. Also, I have really been enjoying sporting a bright lip this season, and sometimes find that it looks a bit too shocking if I don't add some warmth to my face. To do that, I have been loving this bronzer, and I really can't think of a better option that I have tried for fair skintones. It is light, but not orange; matte, but doesn't make me look muddy.I also find that I get an even more natural look if I use my Sigma F50 Duo Fibre Brush (essentially any big stippling brush should do the trick). An added bonus is it is dirt-cheap, but I would be willing to shell out a lot more for this since it really works for me. I cannot rave about it enough!

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: Face powder is another product I only use in summer, since the rest of the year my skin is so dry that I don't need to use any, plus can't really as it just emphasizes all my dry patches. In Summer though, I do get a little shiny on my forehead, so I pulled this out of my stash, and it really is a high quality powder for setting your t-zone. Finely milled and fairly invisible on the skin, it does an excellent job of keeping shine from creeping through. Another great drugstore find.

Milani Liquif'eye in Brown: I personally think that gel and liquid eye liner can look a little harsh for the softer look I aspire to in the warmer months, so have been loving this pencil liner for smudging into the top lash line for a natural yet defined result. This particular formulation is creamy and gives you a little time to work with it before it sets, but once it does it stays put on me all day.

Bare Escentuals Eye Shadow in Chic Nude: This has been the perfect complement for the statement lip I have been wearing. It is a mostly matte, slightly darker version of my actual lid color. A pretty basic color, but it does a good job of concealing the veins on my eyelid and creating a uniform look.


BE shadow in Chic Nude

Revlon Moondrops lipstick 712 in Hot Coral: This is the epitome of a crazy and bold Summertime lip, IMO. I would describe it as a neon red/coral, and gives off a very retro vibe to me. (This may be because it is one of the Revlon shades that it has been in their line since the 1950's). It has a matte finish, but I don't find that it is too drying. It can look a bit clownish, so sometimes I mute it down a bit with a lipliner like Covergirl Lip Perfection in Passion. This is definitely not for the faint of heart, but if you have the courage to wear it, I cannot recommend it more.

Rimmel London Kate in 12: This is from the Kate Moss collection, and is extremely similar to the Revlon one, but is more subdued and a little more coral and orange; it also has a sheen. I personally love the bubblegum scent of these lipsticks, but it might bother some people, so maybe see if you can check out that aspect before you purchase.

Hard Candy Painted Lady Lip Color in Rushhour 120: The packaging it pretty tacky, but the formula on these lipsticks is lovely. I can't believe I never hear anyone talking about them. It is a glossy and somewhat sheer formula, so it isn't the longest lasting, but it is so easy to reapply I don't consider this a detractor at all. This might be my favorite hot pink lipstick. The finish looks really natural, as if your lips are just naturally a bright pink color. Check this line out when you are next at Walmart!

From left to right: Rimmel Kate 12, Revlon Hot Coral, Hard Candy Rush Hour, and Covergirl Passion underneath
I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment