Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012 Faves Part 1






 So here is the part where I exclaim that I can't believe how fast the month of August has passed by, express disbelief that we are approaching fall, blah blah. Actually, for me, August was a long month; don't the Olympics feel like a lifetime ago? They only ended on August 17. Anyways, let's get on with my favorites, shall we?

Becca Petal and Hard Candy Spicy and Sweet

Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Spicy and Sweet: This summer, this was the blush I reached for anytime I was in a hurry or didn't have a specific look in mind. It can be purchased at Walmart for $6.00, so it is a steal. Why do I reach for this over many of my high-end blushes? Probably because it is so versatile--it has four shades that can be customized to create the flush you desire. There is a light sandy brown, a creamsicle color, a bright bubblegum pink, and a pinky-red which, when swirled together, create a shimmery coral color. Love this.

A rediscovery for me has been the Becca Lip and Cheek Creme in Petal. I picked this up ages and ages ago in a Hautelook sale, and I remember being rather intimidated by the color when it arrived. It is a bright coral peach, and I bought this back when I was first getting really into makeup a couple years ago, and when I was still subscribing to the maxim that pale people have to wear really pale blush (a theory which I abandoned long ago--you just need to use a light hand and you can wear any color!) Anyways, it kind of sat in my drawer for sometime, and I pulled it out recently, dabbed some on my checks, and was in love with the effect! It is very flattering, and the texture just glides across your skin, while it is not sticky or difficult to blend. However, like most products marketed as lip/cheek multipurpose ones, it doesn't really work on the lips, but that's okay. It's gorgeous for summer!

Love this pigment stack from Naked Cosmetics in Naturally Nude that I picked up at IMATs this year; it's comprised of rosy, natural colors which I can just quickly pat on my lid. I know pigments are a polarizing topic, but I am personally a big fan. I might do a post with swatches on all of my Naked Cosmetics pigment stacks.

Bare Minerals Duo in Top Shelf

For anyone who hasn't tried the Ready eyeshadow pressed formulation by Bare Escentuals...what are you waiting for? These are seriously amongst the best eyeshadows on the market, and I particularly love the bronzey-gold shade in this duo (Bare Minerals Top Shelf). I think it is similar to MAC Woodwinked, but less orange and more metallic. I sweep it all over the lid, and it has plenty of dimension to wear on its own.

Bobbi Brown Face Touch-up Palette in Porcelain (you can tell I use this!)

 I picked up this Bobbi Brown Face Touch-Up Palette as part of a QVC Today's Special Value, and while the rest of the kit isn't a necessity, this is great! Super compact, and includes concealer, corrector, foundation stick, and powder all in one. I have especially been loving the foundation "stick" as a lightweight face concealer for the summer.

I really like the L'oreal Caresse Lipsticks in general (totally my type of formula: lightweight, but pigmented) but I found myself reaching for this Pink Cashmere shade over and over again. It is a perfect medium between wearable and statement lip; just another effortless summer product.

Okay, so I have already rambled on for way too long, so expect a part 2 with nail and random faves!

What have been your recent favorites? Hope everyone has a nice, long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment