Monday, August 27, 2012

My Daily Essentials


As a beauty junkie (cough, hoarder!) there are very few products I turn to every single day. Most eyeshadows, blushes, and eyeliners are more or less interchangeable, mascaras just depend on what I am trying to use up, and the foundations, concealers, and even moisturizers I use changes based on the season and how my skin is behaving. In fact, when I really contemplate this, there are really only two specific products that I use every single makeup application, rain or shine, all-year long. These are:

Physician's Formula Eyeshadow Quad in Canyon Classic--this is what use for my eyebrows even though it is marketed as an eyeshadow quad, and I have never found a better kit for filling them in, and even for highlighting the brow bone. This quad comes with four matte shades: a cream (the one I use for the browbone,) a slightly warm light brown (I use this for blending eyeshadow out as a "best friend" color 99 percent of the time), and a cooler light taupe brown which I mix with a touch of the charcoal to get the perfect match for my ashy eyebrows. Everything else I have tried in the past has been too warm, which even though I have some auburn tones in my hair, is really jarring on my very cool toned eyebrows, rendering them very fake-looking. As you can probably tell from the photo, this little quad is very well-loved, and I will be repurchasing it in a heartbeat as soon as it runs out. It really is an essential for me.

CVS Ultimate Sheer Liquid Daily Sunscreen--this is my favorite facial sunscreen, and I have repurchased it numerous times. I think this is the generic version of a Neutrogena product, but as this is cheaper, I go with this one even though I am sure they perform in much the same way. As its name suggests, it is a light and sheer formula, not sticky or greasy feeling. It dries matte rather than shiny like most sunscreens. It also doesn't make me break out, in addition to being invisible under makeup. I can't really speak to if it gives a white cast, as since I am so pale I tend to not really notice it when I am wearing products that purportedly cause this phenomenon. Basically, this works for me and is very affordable, so I don't have too much of an inclination to try anything new for a while.

What about you? Do you have any products that you use every day, all year round? I would love to hear about them in the comments!

Also, I am going to be blogging every day this week, so be sure that if you are interested to keep checking back; you can also follow the blog by clicking the icon on the right hand side of the page so you are notified when the new posts are published.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment